|F –||Flush Mount|
|I –||Internal Mount|
|P –||Pressure test against water leaks.|
|S –||Corrosion resistant coating|
|SC –||Corrosion resistant coating core only|
|SH –||Corrosion resistant coating housing only|
|SS –||Stainless Steel Housing|
|ST –||Stainless Steel In/Outlets (air to water)|
|SAC –||Stainless Steel coils aluminum fins (air to water)|
|HL –||External Hazardous Location Fan (purge unit) Div 2|
|HL2 –||Hazardous Location Fan (non purge) Div 2|
|XP –||Hazardous Location (unit with blower) Div 1 & 2|
|Type 12 –||UL type 12 NEMA 12|
|Type 4 –||UL type 4 NEMA 4|
|Type 4X –||UL type 4X NEMA 4X (air to water)|
|CE –||European safety standard (Communiqué European)|
|RH –||Rain hood (flush Air to Air mount units) UL Type 3R|
|UF –||Universal Fan (wet location, washdown and sun exposure applications)|
|W –||Wash Down Fan|
|WL –||Wet location fan (UL recognized for hosedown)|
|WL – RH||WL fan and rain hood (type 4/outdoor)|
|NIF –||No inside fan|
|NOF –||No outside fan|
|RF –||Reversed fan|
|RIF –||Reversed inside fan|
|ROF –||Reversed inside fan|
The National Electrical Manufacturer’s Association (NEMA) has developed a set of standards for the Electrical Industry to assist the user and the manufacturer in the identification and the standardization of many electrical components.
- NEMA Type 1– General Purpose indoor. Type 1 enclosures are intended for use INDOORS, primarily to prevent accidental contact of personnel with the enclosed equipment, in areas where unusual service conditions do not exist.
- NEMA Type 12– Dust tight, drip tight. Type 12 enclosures are intended for use INDOORS to protect the enclosed equipment against falling non-corrosive liquids and falling dirt.
- NEMA Type 3-Dustight, Raintight and Sleet/Ice Resistant Outdoor. Type 3 enclosures are intended for use OUTDOORS to protect the enclosed equipment against windblown dust and water.
- NEMA Type 3R– Raintight and Sleet/Ice Resistant Outdoor. Type 3R enclosures are intended for use OUTDOORS to protect the enclosed equipment against rain and meet the requirements of Underwriters’ Labs UL508 applying to “Rainproof Enclosures”.
- NEMA Type 4– Watertight and Dusttight Indoor and Outdoor. Type 4 enclosures are intended for use INDOORS or OUTDOORS to protect the enclosed equipment against splashing water, seepage of water, falling or hose directed water, and severe external condensation.
- NEMA 4X– Watertight, Dust tight and Corrosion Resistant Indoor and Outdoor. Type 4X enclosures have the same protection and provisions as Type 4 enclosures, and in addition, are corrosion- resistant.
Have Questions? We're Ready to Help!
Noren thermal solutions are designed to cool overheating electronics in a variety of industries and applications. Check out our PRODUCTS section for more information.